Welcome SMS Messaging
Help your roaming customers:
- To realise that they are roaming
- Be aware of the tariffs that apply
- Understand how to phone home
- Understand how to access voice mail and other key services
Keep Your Customer Informed
The cost of using the phone, the number to dial to call home and the way to access key services may all be unknown to your roaming subscribers, both inbound and outbound. The result may be an inability or reluctance to use roaming services. This loses you, and your roaming partner, valuable revenue.
The Evolved Intelligence Welcome SMS application is specifically designed to help you keep your subscribers informed about all of these issues. It can also help you to comply with regulatory requirements to advise roamers of the charges that they need to pay whilst abroad.
It does this by allowing you to send four different types of message:
- Welcome SMS to in-bound roamers when they register
- Farewell SMS, or Bon Voyage SMS, to in-bound roamers when they have de-registered
- Farewell SMS to out-bound roamers
- Welcome back, welcome home SMS to out-bound roamers when they return
The system is driven by sophisticated logic which allows you to send the right message, at the right time, in the right language and without sending unnecessary and annoying messages. Welcome SMS is one of the simplest and most effective methods to boost your outbound roaming revenue.
- Reduction of “unintentional roaming” in border areas
- Reduction of “bill shock”
- Higher phone usage through reassurance on tariff costs
- More calls home and to voice mail
The Welcome SMS service can also support MVNOs that are using your network. Different messages can be sent to the customers of each branded MVNO.
How It Works
Welcome SMS is one of many applications that can be run on the Evolved Intelligence ENGINE platform. It uses a simple network connection system called a NIF or network interface function. This low cost, efficient connection communicates to the ENGINE server which can be located anywhere, connectivity being maintained via IP or various alternative methods. The application can therefore be delivered remotely either from an Evolved Intelligence server or from one of our service partners. Alternatively the server can be located in your own offices and managed by your own team, an attractive option especially if you will be developing your own applications for the ENGINE platform.
The NIF detects the arrival, either inbound or outbound, of a roaming subscriber. The server then decides what action to take based upon a number of parameters. These can include:
- The number of times that the roamer has already visited the country
- The interval since the last visit
- The messages that have already been sent
- The services used by the roamer
- The roamer’s preferred language
Typical content might include
- Roaming voice call rate
- Roaming SMS rate
- Roaming data rate
- Notification of home country/network short code support when roaming with registered network (if available in visited network)
- Local help and assistance numbers (if available)
- Details of other operator provided services (if available)
- Notification that the Welcome SMS is free
If you would like to find out more about what the welcome SMS service can do for you: mailto:email@example.com
For the executive briefing note on welcome SMS messaging, click here.